Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association’s Internship Program provides college students an opportunity for hands-on experience in various facets for individuals interested in gaining work experience with a non-profit, voluntary health organization. This internship will focus on supporting the National Health Equity group with administrative and core marketing duties
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
- Internship Duration: 5/22/2023 – 8/11/2023
- Virtual Position
- Salary: $23.00 per hour
Individuals participating in the internship program are provided with an opportunity to:
- Gain important and practical job skills to be successful in a non-profit environment
- Opportunity to explore a career-path with a reputable voluntary health/service organization
- Gain experience in the professional world while learning about board management
- Complete an internship that enriches your academic and professional resume as well as enriching your personal life by making a difference in the lives of others
Tasks could include things like the following:
- EmPOWERED to Serve Health Lessons
- Assist with the editing and updating of health lessons and the creation of new curriculum
- American Heart Association Scholars Programs
- Provide administrative support with travel logistics and in-person and virtual meeting planning
- EmPOWERED to Serve Business Accelerator
- Assist with administrative aspects of event planning and implementation
- Assist with the scaling and growth of the EmPOWERED to Serve Speakers Bureau and EmPOWERED to Serve Ambassadors programs
Currently pursuing a BA/BS or higher in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Health or Science
- Ability to support community programs.
- Demonstrated skills in effective one-on-one and group communications and comfort with working with all levels of community leaders, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to deal professionally in a corporate or non-profit environment and assume responsibility for guiding projects and programs from inception through completion.
- Effective oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing multiple priorities involving multiple entities
- Intermediate to excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with the ability to produce charts and graphs.
- Minimum availability of 20 hrs/wk, M-F between the hours of 8:30am-5pm.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship, now or in the future. For any roles working remotely, the work must also be performed inside the United States, not in a foreign country.
- Required Equipment:
- Reliable WiFi Connection
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation and Performance – Attracting talented, committed interns means offering competitive compensation, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.