The position reports directly to the Sr. Manager EPP, acts as an active member of the Humanitarian Affairs team and works closely in collaboration with other team members to support other Humanitarian Affairs units through proper coordination with the Sr. Manager EPP. This position will primarily support the Ops team in humanitarian response by supporting preparedness efforts, supply chain management and other program support needs. S/he will collaborate with respective CARE USA’s units/departments, RMUs/COs teams as needed.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to Humanitarian Affairs team, including setting up periodic calls, taking meeting notes, dissemination of information …etc
- Receive/compile invoices and other financial transactions and processing them through concerned units/AP.
- Assist with travel bookings and other logistical arrangements for deployments and travels as needed.
- Manage the team’s calendar and take meetings notes.
- Support with document archiving of programming and program support documents.
- Support and assist with team knowledge management initiatives including developing Power-Bi tracking sheets, etc.
- Make online booking of shipping requests at UPS booking platform and monitoring shipping progress to the end of delivery points.
- Provide support in development and implementation of SCM/Logs guidelines and Warehouse Management System, training materials and workshop contents to support quality humanitarian responses with speed and scale.
- Coordinate and support CUSA/Atlanta procurement team efforts to finalize, update and maintain master contracts/ framework agreement with vendors and provide information about the master contracts to the region and COs periodically.
- Managing all paperwork (BAM, IPIA, DAB Upload, PID Set up, etc) for the MACP RRACE grant.
- Keeping track of financial and narrative reporting for MACP RRACE.
- Updating the MPAs on the Dashboard.
- Bachelor’s degree in humanitarian affairs, Business Administration/accounting, emergency preparedness and response/management, international development, or related field
- Master’s degree in business management processes or related field.
- Diploma and/or certifications in humanitarian management and response
- At least 3-5 years of working with other INGOs/UN agencies.
- At least 2 years of project and grant management including budget oversight and donor reporting.
- Experience with developing spreadsheets and PPT presentations
- Experience with drafting training materials and facilitating training sessions.
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to conduct research, review reports and summarize findings and learnings.
- Language – excellent written and spoken English is essential.
|Work Location : US – Atlanta, GA||Type of Post : Not Applicable|
|Other Possible Location :||Funding : APPROVED|
|Expected Travel : Not Applicable||Type of Contract :|
|Language Requirement : ENGLISH||Application Deadline :|
|Employee Duration : Intern-Pay|