Job Title: Intelligence/Security Internship
Company: Valens Global
Job Duration: Summer 2023, 35+ hours per week
Location: Remote but within the U.S.A.
About Valens Global:
Valens Global provides analysis, strategies, and innovative solutions that
anticipate and address complex and critical threats to people, businesses, and organizations. We
believe that twenty-first century challenges require analysts who are fiercely independent. Analysts
who are in command of granular details, rigorous, and forward-thinking. Analysts who are unafraid
to challenge conventional wisdom.
Valens is offering an internship with its analysis division in the Summer of 2023 that would include
meaningful, substantive work on a range of national security issues.
● Research and draft polished, well-organized, thoughtful products on a diverse range of
national security topics.
● Conduct research consulting a wide range of open-source materials, including primary and
secondary sources and social media data.
● Think creatively and brainstorm new products with the team.
● Demonstrated experience working in research.
● Strong critical thinking and analytic skills.
● Strong skills in interpersonal communication, organization, and working as part of a team.
● Legally authorized to work in the United States.
● Familiarity with at least one of the following topics: violent non-state actors; terrorism; the
global jihadist movement; transnational criminal organizations; disinformation; wargaming
and tabletop exercises.