Intern for Economic and Social Policy
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Programme Officer, Social Policy and Reform for Children (SPARC), the intern will search and review data and information on China’s current public financial management and the governance for essential social services, analyze issues in the current social and economic trends, and compare with international experience. The intern will have the following major duties and output expectations:
- Search online and collect data on public finance
- Summarize and analyze primary findings
- Translate, edit and modify relevant materials upon instructions
To qualify, you are
- Undergraduate or graduate student with major in economics, public finance, social policy or related areas.
- Good command of English and Chinese.
- Strong scientific research, writing and presentation skills with ability to digest significant amount of technical documents critically and prepare well-written summaries
- Relevant intern or work experience in government departments, research institutes and international organizations is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
This internship is unpaid.
If you recognize yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, apply through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 506154) or send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 8 Aug 2017.
Opening Date Tue Jul 25 2017 21:00:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time) China Standard Time
Closing Date Tue Aug 08 2017 11:55:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
For more information, visit https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506154