Are you interested in geography, the geospatial industry and/or the Intelligence Community? Do you want to work in the rapidly growing and expanding field of geospatial technology? The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) is seeking qualified applicants for its Intern program. We seek 2-3 qualified applicants for one-year internships. Learn more at: https://usgif.org/about/#career-opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities: Interns may be tasked with a variety of responsibilities:
- Rotate through our divisions completing various departmental projects;
- Update membership database and input information, data, and records;
- Assist staff with planning and execution of events, including registration support and serve as liaison to guest speakers and other key invitees;
- Coordinate working group meetings and record notes of those discussions;
- Assist with Foundation communications activities, including our social media presence, website and graphics development, and contribute to the Foundation’s magazine,
- Support development of geospatial content including white papers and online blogs, per guidance of the staff working group chairs;
- Report on symposium and panel discussions hosted by local organizations; and
- Other general administrative tasks as assigned.
- S. citizenship required;
- Current enrollment in a master’s program concentrating on geospatial intelligence, geographic information systems, foreign policy, national security, public policy, homeland security or intelligence studies;
- High motivation and desire to pursue a career in intelligence or national security;
- Ability to commit to at least two consecutive semesters;*
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to write for a variety of audiences using a variety of media (e.g., social media, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign/Illustrator);
- Strong sense of organization and close attention to detail; and
- Administrative experience and strong customer-service skills are a plus.
- We ask candidates to work 29 hours per week continually, including during the school year.
- Occasional lifting of materials (~25 lbs.)
- Periodic attendance at local events
- Occasional travel to support USGIF events
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, USGIF staff are working remotely from home until further notice. As the pandemic conditions improve, we plan to return to a mix of working remotely and from our office space in Herndon, Virginia.
* This is a 12-month internship and USGIF requests applicants firmly commit to the full term.
Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position. USGIF cooperates enthusiastically with universities and career services offices that allow students to receive academic credit or other arranged compensation for their efforts.
Internship applications are now being accepted for our internships beginning in July of 2022, including from admitted students who have not yet begun their graduate program. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: USGIF Intern Program Application.
Potential applicants are encouraged to apply early in their graduate school enrollment. Applicants will be notified if they are a candidate for an opening.