The International Foundation for Electoral Systems works to support and advance democracy globally by providing technical assistance and applied research to develop effective electoral bodies. This full-time paid intern position is an entry-level role with the Americas team designed to provide graduate and undergraduate students with an insider’s view of the realm of international development at IFES. The Americas team manages projects across Latin America and the Caribbean focused on elections and political processes. As a junior member of the team, the Intern will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Americas team’s projects. Work will be conducted remotely until IFES re-opens its headquarters office in Arlington, VA.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Providing logistical and administrative support to ongoing projects in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Drafting and editing programmatic reports for donors
- Making payments, supporting budget development, and tracking expenses
- Participating in project implementation and results monitoring
- Conducting research to support business development efforts
- Attending and reporting on internal and external meetings and other discussions about assigned projects
- Supporting planning and implementation of IFES outreach activities including website articles and social media posts
- Participating in IFES’ knowledge management initiatives and other thought leadership efforts
- Undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in an accredited university program
- Recent graduates of one year or less are also eligible for this opportunity
- Spanish proficiency required.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to prioritize, take direction, and handle varied tasks within deadlines.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual.
- Relevant experience, familiarity, or interest in international development or related field preferred. Previous internship(s) experience with an international NGO a plus.
For more information and to apply, click here.