The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is seeking applicants for a 6-month internship in Washington, DC. The intern will work under the supervision of the Head of Community Stabilization and the Program Officer. A monthly stipend will be offered in the range of $900-1,400 USD based on experience.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is October 21, 2021.
- Develop a strong understanding of IOM’s Public International Organization status with the USG;
- Develop a strong understanding of USAID funding mechanisms, policies and procedures;
- Keep track, synthesize and disseminate new donor guidance to integrate and respond to the evolving program dynamics at the mission level;
- Provide support in the review, formatting, and editing of proposals and other project deliverables, as well as support reprogramming efforts of current awards;
- Provide support to the systematic use of the Shelter Checklist in the review of proposals;
- Liaise between USG donors in Washington and IOM’s missions during the review
process of the proposals and implementation of program activities; Provide guidance to missions on donor requirements, templates, etc.
- Prepare reports, briefs, and/or newsletters to highlight IOM’s USG donor funded activities implemented at the mission level;
- Organize and manage all award documents received from donors; Maintain accurate record-keeping;
- Participate, when necessary, in donor meetings and draft meeting notes for internal dissemination;
- The qualified candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social
Sciences, International Relations, or a related field;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, nongovernment or government institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Discreet, detail and client-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
For more information, view the full job listing here.