The Arctic Council Secretariat (ACS) works to support the work of the Arctic Council through administrative and organizational work. The ACS is looking for an intern interested in learning the aspects of working in an international environment. The duration of the internship is 10-12 months full-time and the date of commencement is September 1, 2021. The intern will be under the guidance of experienced secretariat staff members. An open mind to cultural differences and a team spirit is essential. This opportunity is paid and based in Tromsø, Norway.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is June 27, 2021. Interviews will be conducted on June 29-30, 2021.
- Assist with daily administrative routines
- Provide administrative and logistical support in connection with meetings
- Purchase of office supplies
- General upkeep of office area
- Archiving processes (Sharepoint, SuperOffice, Open Access Repository)
- Applicants for this position must be a citizen of one of the eight Arctic States; Canada, Kingdom of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, United States, Sweden, Russian Federation, and Norway.
- Be enrolled in a university degree program, Bachelor’s or Master’s level (or having concluded studies no later than 12 months before the application deadline)
- Service-minded disposition
- Multitasking abilities
- Highly organized
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Experience with basic business software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good oral and written English
- Experience with living in the Arctic is an advantage
For more information and to apply, click here.