About FDD’s Internship Program
Based in downtown Washington, D.C., the Foundation for Defense of Democracies has a number of summer internship opportunities available. All FDD interns will have the opportunity to participate in a twice-monthly speaker series, which brings high-level DC officials and senior staff members to engage with interns in an intimate setting. FDD interns will be encouraged to build on their academic skills by working closely with senior staff. FDD is also happy to assist students who wish to earn academic credit for this internship. All internships are unpaid.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. It is recommended that interested candidates submit applications early.
- Must be at least a college junior (third year) in good standing.
- Must have at least a 3.2 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Should have a relevant course of study and have completed coursework in any of the following fields: International Relations, Security Studies, History, Communications, Journalism, International Economics or Political Science.
- Interns should have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, as well as basic Excel skills.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 22 – 40 hours per week.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The Communications Department is seeking part-time and full-time interns for the summer with an interest in foreign policy, journalism, communications and public relations, and marketing. Interns will experience Washington’s fast-paced media environment and see first-hand how policy and the media collide. They will monitor the organization’s media profile, and attend Washington events and broadcast interviews. At the end of the term, they will be prepared to work as reporters, public relations representatives, and Capitol Hill staffers. Applicants must be hard working and eager to learn new skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office a must; experience with website content management systems and HTML are desirable but not required.
Application Materials Required:
- Short cover letter/personal statement articulating your interest in an internship position at FDD.
- Writing Sample (no more than 3 pages)
- Unofficial transcript copy (ONLY for Research Department applicants)
Please specify the department(s) for which you would like to be considered (feel free to indicate preferences in your cover letter). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To Apply: In order for your application to be considered, send all application materials via email to Kellie Soto, Intern Coordinator, at Kellie@DefendDemocracy.org
– See more at: http://www.defenddemocracy.org/about-fdd/jobs-internships/#sthash.8e43wFph.gkk2Jpof.dpuf