The Public Affairs and Communications Directorate (PAC) supports the implementation of the Secretary General’s strategic orientations by orchestrating the Organisation’s external communications. We look at the whole spectrum of OECD work, how it relates to the global public agenda, and ensure key OECD policies and research are communicated to key stakeholders and the media.
The Stakeholder Engagement team of the Public Affairs and Communications Directorate (PAC), aims to strengthen the OECD’s ability to understand global policy trends, to “listen and talk to the ‘right’ people” to strengthen the OECD’s impact worldwide.
*General objectives of the internship*
Engaging with external stakeholders, the successful candidate would contribute to the orchestration and the facilitation of communication efforts across the Organisation, in line with the Public Affairs communication strategy, working mainly on the OECD Global Parliamentary Network (https://lnkd.in/eSKjcx6A) and other parliamentary activities and engagement.
*Specific main tasks of the internship*
Monitoring and research:
– Monitor parliamentary developments in OECD and partner countries, and respond to incoming inquiries.
– Research relevant organisations, parliamentarians or individuals on specific topics, or from a particular country, that the OECD is looking to reach out to/partner with.
– Database maintenance.
– Draft briefings, prepare meeting inputs and correspondence with Parliamentarian stakeholders.
– Contribute to the drafting and formatting of reports, brochures, presentations, invitations and other graphic materials.
– Contribute to the analysis of the impact of OECD Global Parliamentary Network activities and to reports aimed at evidence-based evolution of the Network
– Contribute to the drafting of content and updates for the OECD Global Parliamentary Network website.
– Contribute to the organisation of the Global Parliamentary Meetings and related activities.
– Contribute to the Stakeholder team’s input into other OECD events
– Assist in the organisation of consultation meetings with other stakeholders as necessary.
► We are looking for a motivated and proactive intern, eager to learn, with good inter-personal and diplomatic skills, able to work and interact with a variety of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation. A former experience in a parliamentary environment would be an asset.
► Graphic design skills necessary to make presentations (with excellent command of PowerPoint, Canva or Prezi).
► Basic notion of data management using Excel, R or Stata would be a plus.
► OECD working languages are English and French. A good command of Spanish and/or Portuguese would be a plus.
► Desired length of internship: 6 months, full time.
If interested, please send your CV to PACGPN@oecd.org