The intern is a member of the Strategic Communications and Outreach unit in UNHCR’s Washington office. The primary responsibilities of this position are supporting with outreach, including media relations, digital media, multimedia projects, events, exhibits and campaigns to ensure public support for refugees and UNHCR. The expected start date is September 2022. A stipend is offered for those not receiving financial support from an outside organization.
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
– Recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
– Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Organizational Unit: Strategic Communications and Outreach Unit, UNHCR Washington Multi-Country Office
Duty Station: Washington, DC
Position Title/Type: Strategic Communications and Outreach Intern
Duration of the Internship: Between 12 weeks and 6 months
Expected Start Date: September 2022
The U.S. Strategic Communications and Outreach team provides information on global refugee crises and UNHCR’s role protecting and assisting refugees to U.S. and Caribbean media outlets and engages U.S. audiences through strategic partnerships, digital outreach, campaigns, exhibits, and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will gain unique knowledge about UNHCR’s global role, capabilities, programs, and impact, and the role of communications and outreach in achieving UNHCR’s mandate by:
– Support staff with outreach, including media relations, digital media, multi-media projects, events, exhibits, and campaigns to ensure public support for refugees and UNHCR.
– Assist in the production of multimedia projects, graphic design, digital media;
– Assist in the management of multimedia content;
– Assist with monitoring media coverage of UNHCR’s work, refugees, asylum seekers, and humanitarian assistance;
– Research and respond to information requests from the general public;
– Attend relevant external events and prepare summaries of content;
– Undertake other projects as needed to further assist the U.S. Strategic Communications and Outreach team’s work.
Learn more and apply at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3190249586. The closing date for this internship advertisement is Wednesday 10 August 2022 (6 PM EST).