Representative Mainor currently serves on the Governmental Affairs, Education, and Interstate Planning legislative committees. She seeks applicants who value community service and understand the importance of public policy. There are currently five internship positions available. All function on a part time basis and are unpaid. These internships are open to students from the Georgia Institute of Technology, SCAD, Georgia State University, and the AUCC.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Internship One (5-10 hours each week)
- Setup up and assist with hosting bi-monthly virtual town halls
- Setup and assist with neighborhood planning units (NPUs) and neighborhood
- Coordinate meet and greets with senior facilities, teachers, high school seniors
- Return phone calls and respond to emails
Internship Two (5-10 hours each week)
- Assist with social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) posts with relevant information regarding current events and legislation
- Develop weekly newsletter and monitor usage and activity with email campaign software
(i.e. Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Write press releases
Internship Three and Four (10 to 15 hours each week, includes some weekends)
- Develop and coordinate community canvassing activities
- Develop and coordinate phone-banking to increase awareness of events
- Organize and manage volunteers
- Coordinate college events with District 56 (Ga Tech, Morehouse, Spelman, Clark Atlanta, Morris Brown, SCAD)
Internship Five (10 to 15 hours each week until complete)
- Create District 56 handbook of businesses, schools (K-12 and colleges), elected leaders,
community resources, NPUs, neighborhoods, legislative process, 2021
accomplishments, 2022 looking ahead accomplishments
- Write weekly Op-Eds related to legislation and current event
For more information and to apply, click here.