Part-time, paid internship (up to 30 hours per week) from late-August through mid-December.
Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation is a US Agency for International Development (USAID) program that helps the private sector scale and market agricultural innovations for smallholder farmers through investing in technology commercialization and knowledge exchange. Partnering for Innovation also works with USAID Missions to create and manage public private partnerships that improve agricultural productivity. Through its online community, the AgTechXChange, the program facilitates connections and knowledge sharing among entrepreneurs, investors, and nonprofit organizations.
The Partnering for Innovation program is moving into its final year, and the focus is increasingly on knowledge management and acceleration services for its private sector partners working in emerging markets. This means that the team is busy documenting lessons learned, capturing and innovating on processes, and gathering resources for private sector partners that they can use once the program ends.
Interns will help with this exciting work in the following ways:
- Identifying thematic areas from across the program’s knowledge sharing website, the AgTechXChange, and digesting knowledge and information on these themes into 1-4 page learning briefs
- Identifying thematic areas from across the program’s video library and digesting the knowledge and information into new videos and/or 1-4 page learning briefs
- Developing a listing of external online resources and technical assistance providers that partners can use to build their capacity in leadership, marketing, human resources, sales, business planning, and a variety of other topic areas
- Tracking partner information for knowledge management purposes
Supporting the execution of interactive webinars that summarize and share thematic knowledge areas and learning briefs
- Drafting blogs and articles
Interns will gain and/or practice their knowledge and skills in:
- Understanding how public donors can partner with private sector partners in ways that contribute to international development
- Understanding the landscape of public private partnerships in international development and what types of capacities and technical assistance are required to move the field forward
- Understanding business concepts in marketing, sales, distribution, etc. in agricultural settings
- Qualitative analysis
- Writing skills
- Meeting deliverables
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Interest in or experience with international development, private sector agribusinesses, or related field
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Strong experience synthesizing information into short written products
- Video editing experience preferred but not required
For more information or to apply, visit http://www.fintrac.com/careers