“KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”). KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and have 189,000 people working in member firms around the world.
Become part of a team of more than 22,000 tax professionals in KPMG’s global network, who work collaboratively with clients and colleagues in a way that we believe is different from other organizations. Drawing on the experience of our people and multi-disciplinary approach, we are able to help our firms’ clients to think beyond the present, see beyond borders and achieve long-lasting success.
At KPMG Tax you can look forward to a broad and exciting career, anchored by the concept and value of what we term ‘the modern tax professional’. You’ll be immersed in a global culture of learning, supported by some of the best training in the industry, giving you the skills and technical knowledge to succeed in this new world of tax. You’ll enjoy collaboration with a team of committed and dynamic colleagues, and be mentored by some of the leading minds in the profession, committed to your personal growth, in the organization and as a tax professional.
Our focus on global experiences means opportunities for international assignments and sharing knowledge across borders. Most of all, you’ll have every opportunity to make a genuine difference in our firms’ clients’ businesses and our organization.
We believe what makes KPMG Tax different is “people thinking beyond”. It’s why people work here.
Visit the KPMG Tax website to learn more about our services.”
KPMG is currently seeking a summer 2017 intern with a background in International Affairs, Economics, or Business.
- Research U.S. and international import and export trade matters
- Research, write, and review international trade advice
- Formulate ideas and deliver possible trade savings opportunities
- Aid in the development and training of team members
- Assist in the delivery of multiple client engagements on time and within budget; maintain active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations and to help ensure client satisfaction
- Pursuing an undergrad degree in Economics, International Affairs, Finance, or International Business or a Master of Taxation, J.D. with a Bachelor of Accountancy, and/or LL.M. in Taxation from an accredited college/university
- Substantial coursework in Corporate International Tax
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Access
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Able to work as a member of a team and strive for personal effectiveness and professionalism to maintain excellent client service
- Targeted graduation dates from December 2017 through Summer 2018
KPMG Internship Program
Our internship program is designed for individuals who have three or more years of university education at the time they begin their internship.
KPMG strongly believes in the importance of internships. We have created an internship program that we believe is an excellent way for students to get an inside look at a career with an audit, tax and advisory firm. At KPMG, we view an internship as the start of a career.
KPMG’s internship program is designed to provide you with a valuable learning experience. Since we view our internship program as a “stepping stone” for a career at KPMG, the programs and processes we use over the course of the internship mirror those we use for our full-time professionals.
- Professional Development – You participate in training during the first week of your internship. This training program exposes you to KPMG’s culture and provides you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship.
- Client Service – After training, you are assigned to a variety of client service engagements for the remainder of your internship. These experiences can help you to gain a better understanding of KPMG and a career with an audit, tax and advisory firm. At KPMG, we feel that on-the-job experiences are some of the best form of professional development.
- Performance Management – At the beginning of your internship you set goals. To help you assess how you measure against your goals, you receive formal feedback from your supervisor at the end of each client engagement, to help you identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Technology –Your internship exposes you to KPMG technology and how we utilize technology everyday in our profession. You are also provided a laptop to utilize for the duration of your internship.
- Networking –A number of social activities are planned throughout the internship program, allowing you the opportunity to bond with other interns and meet other KPMG professionals in a fun and relaxing environment.
- Compensation – You receive a competitive salary during your internship.
- Rewards – Upon successful completion of your internship, you may be considered for full-time employment with KPMG.”
For more details on the internship & to apply, please visit https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25285&siteid=5357&AReq=14459BR. Interested students can direct their questions or send in resumes to either Rohini Ramaswami (rramaswami@KPMG.com) or Kelly Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org).