“LULAC is the largest and oldest Hispanic Organization in the United States. LULAC advances the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of Hispanic Americans through community-based programs operating at more than 1000 LULAC councils nationwide. The organization involves and serves all Hispanic nationality groups.
Historically, LULAC has focused heavily on education, civil rights, and employment for Hispanics. LULAC councils provide more than a million dollars in scholarships to Hispanic students each year, conduct citizenship and voter registration drives, develop low income housing units, conduct youth leadership training programs, and seek to empower the Hispanic community at the local, state and national level.
LULAC is now accepting applications for the position of Special Events Fellow. Reporting to the National Director of Events, the Special Events Fellow is responsible for assisting in the overall planning and implementation of LULAC special events, including the LULAC National Convention, the LULAC National Legislative Awards Gala and other national events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
I. National Convention:
- Solicit corporate, government and union participation as convention sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers.
- Assist in Managing the convention exposition, job fair, and convention service vendors.
- Serve as sponsor and exhibitor liaison to ensure their needs are met during the convention.
- Assist with overall planning and organizing of convention.
- Invoice sponsors, exhibitors, and advertisers and keep track of convention support.
- Send thank you letters and follow-up to all sponsors, exhibitors, and advertisers.”
The fellowship is located in Washington, D.C. & will run from March 1, 2017 to July 10, 2017. The fellow will work 30 hours a week and will be paid $2040 per month.
More information on this position to come.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.