Georgia Tech Pre-Law Advising & the Georgia Tech Office of Industry Engagement Marketing Analysis Internship
Spring – Summer 2018
For current undergraduates in Scheller or the College of Design Application
Deadline: November 6, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
CareerBuzz posting# 131608
The Georgia Tech Pre-Law Advising program in the Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2) and the Office of Industry Engagement have collaborated to create an internship opportunity for undergraduate students interested in learning more about intellectual property in an engaged, experiential way. The Office of Industry Engagement is seeking entrepreneurial-minded students to join one of the most dynamic teams at Georgia Tech. The Office of Industry Engagement manages intellectual property generated by Georgia Tech research, with services including the identification, evaluation, protection, marketing, and commercial licensing of intellectual property. Industry Engagement interns will participate in many aspects of the technology commercialization process, with a focus on marketing and building the business case for the commercialization of a technology. Working within the Office of Industry Engagement provides valuable business experience and exposure to some of Georgia Tech’s most exciting technologies. http://industry.gatech.edu/
The primary functions and responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Perform preliminary market and industry analysis for applications of new technologies
- Develop technology-focused promotional materials such as flyers, pamphlets, posters, PowerPoints, etc.
- Assist with management of SalesForce database and work with team to further integrate its utilization
- Create email campaigns for technologies suited for marketing purposes
- Assist with social media efforts, including the posting and monitoring of content on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Assist with data entry and reporting efforts as assigned by supervisor
What Skills Will Interns Gain?
As an intern, you will, among other things, gain or enhance existing familiarity with the field of technology transfer and intellectual property. Although this position focuses primarily on marketing, interns will have the opportunity to learn about all stages of commercialization, including technology evaluation, patent landscaping, customer discovery, and licensing. In addition, interns will become familiar with an array of marketing tools such as InDesign, Hootsuite, MailChimp, and SalesForce. Lastly, as an intern, interns will gain greater understanding of strategic academic-industry partnerships and how they impact economic activity.
Location of Internship Research Administration Building 505 Tenth Street NW Atlanta, GA 30318
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Current undergraduate student in Scheller College or Business or College of Design
- Current student when applying and during entire internship
- 2.5 or higher cumulative G.P.A. when applying and during the internship
- Be in current, good academic standing
- Sincere interest in intellectual property and technology transfer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel proficiency
- Capacity to accurately understand and describe an invention and its features, benefits, and economic potential
- U.S. citizenship
What is the pay? Schedule? Academic benefits?
The internship is two semesters in length. Applicants are expected to be available for both spring and summer terms.
Internship term: January 8 – May 5, 2018
The internship is for the entirety of spring and summer terms 2018. The internship requires 20 hours/week, Monday – Friday dependent upon the intern’s availability. The specific schedule during each week will be decided by supervisor and the intern, and may vary each semester based on the intern’s schedule. The starting hourly pay rate for undergraduate degree candidates participating in this internship is $10/hour. This internship qualifies for audit credit hours (no tuition or fees) and official transcript designation only if officially registered through C2D2. The audit credit hours serve as academic credit hour placeholders towards full-time status. Interns only have to register for the additional number in academic credit hours to achieve full-time student status (12 academic credit hours) as long as the internship is officially registered for each semester.* For example, an internship of 6 registered audit credit hours + 6 registered academic credit hours = full-time student status.
Details on how to register for an internship can be found on the C2D2 website at http://career.gatech.edu/internship/job_acceptance_placement.
What materials are needed to apply?
- 1. A complete application includes a resume and a cover letter (greeting should be to “Ms. Meadors”).
- Submit as a single Word document in CareerBuzz.
- Do not create a PDF to upload. CareerBuzz converts documents to PDF automatically. If you try to upload a PDF, you will get an error message.
- Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
- 2. An interview (for select applicants only)
- Potential candidates should expect to be interviewed by multiple members of the organization.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Not all applicants will receive an interview
Questions? Want help with the application materials? Susan Belmonte, GT Pre-Law Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, view this complete file: 2018 Marketing Analysis Internship 2018