Marketing and International Relations Intern
About GDEcD: GDEcD is the state’s sales and marketing arm: the lead agency for attracting new business investment, encouraging the expansion of existing industry and small businesses, locating new markets for Georgia products, attracting tourists to Georgia and promoting the state as a location for the arts, film and digital entertainment projects, as well as planning and mobilizing state resources for economic development.
Internship Duties: As the Marketing and International Relations intern, you will work with the Department’s Account Managers and International Relations teams to support GDEcD’s industry-specific Global Commerce and International Trade teams with marketing and event planning.
The intern will help conduct international and domestic business research and participate in the development of the team’s marketing deliverables, such as collateral pieces, social media updates and information packets. Other projects may include company, city and regional project-specific research; proofreading and updating documents; helping to implement new processes; organizing and editing briefing book material and preparing shipments to international mission destinations; and assisting with incoming international VIP missions, delegations and meetings.
Practical Experience Gained from Internship: The intern will apply principles learned in school through practical hands-on work assignments in international and domestic marketing and communications, project logistics and management, event planning, protocol and international business acumen. This will be a great opportunity to learn about economic development from the ground up and support gubernatorial-led missions abroad.
- Will be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in international business, marketing or a closely related field
- He or she must be highly attentive to detail, write clearly and compellingly, have an understanding of basic marketing and branding concepts, be exceedingly responsible and reliable, have the ability to multi-task and have a high degree of self-initiative.
- Ability to speak a foreign language and experience living abroad is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Work on meaningful projects with the No.1 state-level economic development agency in the U.S.
- Collaborate on high-level, international projects which lead to job creation in Georgia
- Gain real-world experience in a variety of interesting and unique opportunities
Dates of Internship: May 4, 2015 through August 7, 2015, flexible
Work Hours: Seeking 1 full-time (40 hours/week) 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, flexible
Compensation: No monetary compensation; course credit where applicable
Location: GDEcD is located on the Georgia Tech campus at the corner of Spring and Fifth Street and is Marta accessible. Parking is reimbursed.
Dress Code: GDEcD’s dress code is business casual unless otherwise specified.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 10, 2015