Millennium Fellows join a global network of exceptional peers, receive unparalleled opportunities to meet with world leaders, go behind the headlines to explore global challenges up-close, and lead the debate on issues that will shape the century. They complete a comprehensive, year-long leadership curriculum, receive individualized executive coaching, and have access to a range of Atlantic Council events. Through these shared travel and learning experiences, fellows forge relationships that last a lifetime.The Fellowship is a year-long opportunity. Upon program completion, Fellows join the Millennium Fellowship alumni network and have access to opportunities for continued engagement with the Millennium Leadership Program and Atlantic Council. This a part-time professional development and networking opportunity rather than a paid position. Fellows maintain their position with their employer and do not receive payments from the Millennium Leadership Program.
- Open to next-generation from all countries
- Open to anyone 20-35 years old
- Fellows commit to approximately 8-10 hours per month of virtual convening and distance learning over a twelve-month span, as well as 10 days of Study Tour travel.
Cost and Inclusion
- Fellows are responsible for obtaining their own travel visas and paying all associated costs. The Atlantic Council can assist in the visa application process by providing documentation confirming participation in the Millennium Fellowship but will not cover expenses associated with this process.
- Fellows employed by the nonprofit, academic and/or public sector pay a program fee of $2,000. Fellows employed by the private sector pay a program fee of $12,500. Fees cover all virtual programming costs and on-the-ground expenses (accommodations, group meals, etc.) associated with the Study Tour. Program fees do not cover international and domestic airfare, visas, or any incidentals incurred while traveling for the Study Tour.
Interested? read more here.
View online application.