The Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), a non-profit whose mission is to transform global security by driving systemic solutions to nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity, is now taking internship applications for Summer 2023.
NTI Interns play a critical role within each of our teams by working to advance our mission objectives while learning more about existential risks to humanity. Our internships are substantive opportunities where interns are deeply embedded into NTI’s teams, contributing research and analysis to ongoing projects, but do include administrative components as needed. NTI’s internship program prioritizes building skills and experience and includes structured professional development opportunities – many intern alumni have gone on to have stellar careers in their chosen fields.
This is an in-person internship.
Our interns work a minimum of 16 hours per week. The hourly pay rate for interns is determined by a tiered compensation structure based on level of education:
- $17/hour for interns with a bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a bachelor’s program
- $18.50/hour for interns with a master’s degree or enrolled in a master’s program
- $20/hour for interns with a PhD or enrolled in a PhD program
Interns are also provided with paid holidays, up to 40 hours of paid sick leave (if needed), and up to $300 of SmarTrip® commuter benefits for public transportation to/from the office, as well as access to the building amenities.NTI is registered to employ staff living in DC, Maryland and Virginia; therefore, applicants must be residents of these states during the course of their internship.
You should Apply If You:
- Care deeply about the existential threats facing humanity and want to work with some of the foremost experts in the world working to solve these problems;
- Excel at writing, researching, organizing, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders;
- Can balance being self-driven and a team player;
- Are able to commit to a minimum of 16 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
The deadline to submit an online application is 11:59 pm (ET), Sunday, February 26, 2023.