The Georgia Tech Research Institute’s Office of Policy Analysis and Research (OPAR) is seeking student interns for the Fall 2012 semester. Ideal candidates will balance technical skills with an interest in public policy. The work environment is a small team of policy analysts in GTRI’s Information and Communications Laboratory.
Note: This is an unpaid position, but we encourage students to pursue course credit for the experience.
Company Information: GTRI is the non-profit applied research arm of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, GA. OPAR strives to engage scientists, technologists, and policymakers in authentic dialogue in order to improve public policy outcomes.
- Work 14 hours per week through the fall semester.
- Conduct in-depth legislative research and analysis.
- Author policy bulletins and topical briefings as needed.
- Attend mandatory weekly team meetings.
- Provide methodological input to OPAR’s policy research.
- Fulfill other research assignments as needed.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Interested in the public policy implications of science and technology.
- Familiar with the US legislative process.
- Detailed-oriented, but able to see the big picture as needed.
- Willing to seek assistance when assignment instructions are unclear.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and respectful.
- Able to work in a deadline-driven, professional team environment.
- Fluent in English, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- U.S. Citizen (required).
How to apply:
Please send a resume and brief writing sample (no more than 3 pages in length) to email@example.com.
Acceptable writing submissions include, but are not limited to policy briefings, memoranda and articles. Previously submitted class assignments are acceptable.
Based on your application, you will be contacted for an interview within two-three weeks after the application has been received. Selected candidates will be announced within two weeks of the completion of interviews. Note that OPAR’s fall 2012 team will be limited to four persons.
Friday, July 20th by 5pm