CSIS seeks a full-time intern to support the Project on Nuclear Issues (PONI) with outreach and communication efforts. PONI interns support the operational and substantive goals of PONI and will contribute to initiatives to develop the next generation of nuclear experts. The outreach intern will help maintain the Next Generation Nuclear Network website and support PONI’s external communications and social media accounts. In addition, the outreach intern will provide general administrative support and help promote and plan events for the Conference Series, Nuclear Scholars Initiative, and Mid-Career Cadre.
Because of the fast-paced work environment, interns should be motivated self-starters that enjoy a wide variety of task work. The intern will be paid an hourly rate between $16.10-$18.10 based on qualifications and skillset.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Draft monthly newsletters
• Maintain and produce content for the PONI website, the Next Generation Nuclear Network. This includes the opportunity to write independent research for the website.
• Support PONI’s outreach efforts, including drafting content for social media.
• Support PONI staff in coordinating, promoting, organizing, and staffing events.
Knowledge, education, and experience
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Social media proficiency
• Interest in defense and security issues, international relations, and foreign policy, specifically nuclear issues
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively with a team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Experience with communications and coordinating events is preferred
• Hybrid or in-person candidates are preferred
How to apply
Interested applications should submit a resume, cover letter, and a college transcript to https://careers.csis.org/.