Oversight Board is seeking policy interns. Interns will work with the Public Policy Manager to identify a research project that will explore aspects of content moderation and Facebook’s Community Standards. Additionally, Interns will assist the Communications team with a long-term project for the Oversight Board, this could include the Oversight Board’s Annual Report, implementation of a legal symposium, or the creation of stakeholder advisory networks. Research and projects will be tailored to the student’s interests and the needs of the Board. This is a full time, paid position,
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Conduct stakeholder research and provide briefing materials for meetings and outreach, including research for the Board’s Content Team as well as Communications Team;
- Monitor, participate in, and report on meetings, public presentations, and legislative hearings related to OSB priorities;
- Support the Communications team to organize public events with leading academics, human rights attorneys and activists, policymakers, and interested stakeholders;
- Assist with the development of the Oversight Board’s global networks;
- Assist the Communications team in updating our engagement system tool;
- Receive and draft responses to external queries from the general public seeking information on the Board and its processes.
- Applicants are required to have the right to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a university program leading to a graduate/undergraduate degree for the duration of the internship.
- While full-time candidates will be given preference, candidates with part-time schedules will be given full consideration.
- A background in technology law and policy;
- Interest in communications work and engaging with media, policymakers, civil society and non-governmental organizations, and other external stakeholders;
- Broad intellectual appetite and interest in challenging issues relating to technology and society, such as human rights, freedom of expression, privacy, and data protection;
- Highly developed critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong spoken and written communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multicultural organization, managing competing projects, priorities, and internal stakeholders simultaneously.
For more information and to apply, click here.