The Oversight Board is a new body that makes binding and independent decisions about the most challenging content issues on Facebook and Instagram. They are seeking applicants for their internship program. This program is designed to bring qualified and motivated students together with their team to provide them with valuable learning experiences and networking. This opportunity is paid and will be located in San Francisco, CA, or Washington, DC. There is a chance that, due to Covid-19 concerns, this internship may being remote.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Conduct stakeholder research and provide briefing materials for meetings and outreach;
- Monitor, participate in, and report on meetings, public presentations, and legislative hearings related to OSB priorities;
- Support the Communications team to organize public events with leading academics, human rights attorneys and activists, policymakers, and interested stakeholders;
- Assist with the development of the Oversight Board’s global networks;
- Draft email updates, social media content – including eye-catching graphics and engaging videos – and other external communications;
- Assist the Communications team in updating our engagement system tool;
- Receive and draft responses to external queries from the general public seeking information on the Board and its processes.
- Applicants are required to have the right to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a university program leading to a graduate/undergraduate degree for the duration of the internship.
- While full-time candidates will be given preference, candidates with part-time schedules will be given full consideration.
- Interest in communications work and engaging with media, policymakers, civil society and non-governmental organizations, and other external stakeholders;
- Broad intellectual appetite and interest in challenging issues relating to technology and society, such as human rights, freedom of expression, privacy, and data protection;
- Highly developed critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong spoken and written communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multicultural organization, managing competing projects, priorities, and internal stakeholders simultaneously.
For more information and to apply, click here.