“The Economic Development Department of the Gwinnett County Chamber is seeking a student intern. This position offers the student opportunities to gain experience in business and economic development, as well as interact with regional business and government leaders. The intern will be closely involved in Partnership Gwinnett, a nationally recognized economic development initiative.
Job Description: This position provides research support for the Economic Development Department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Assist Economic Development team with research projects
- Gather data on businesses and target industries in Gwinnett County, state, and region
- Assist Research Associate in maintaining database of target businesses and industries
- Prepare reports on target industries and businesses
- Review local media and maintain list of Partnership Gwinnett mentions and list of companies announcing new job numbers
- Provide assistance with special projects as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Able to effectively use MS Office products
- Organized, detail-oriented, and dependable
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Professional and positive attitude
Reports to: Research Associate
Experience: Online research
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or currently enrolled in college
Travel Required: No
Hours: negotiable, (16 minimum, 20 maximum); mutually agreeable hours and schedule (including starting and ending dates) to be determined by intern and Research Associate
Other: Applicants must be current students. Business attire required in Chamber offices. This position is paid.
If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample (3-5 pages) to Tashieka Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Class assignments are acceptable as writing samples. Applicants are encouraged to review the Partnership Gwinnett initiative website at www.partnershipgwinnett.com. Candidates meeting requirements will be contacted to schedule interviews; no phone calls please.”
Learn more at: