Dates of Internship: August – December 2017 (flexible)
Length of Internship:4 months at 30 hours/week
Interns Supervisor and Contact Info: Senior Director of Policy and Advocacy
Funding Available for Internship:
For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive:
- $75/month travel stipend to offset weekly transportation costs
- Workstation with computer and internet
- Access to Mercy Corps online tools
- All other tools, materials and communication requirements for this project to be undertaken
Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with:
- Travel to/from Mercy Corps Office
- Lodging in Washington DC
- Living expenses
- All other costs associated with this internship
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
The Policy and Advocacy is seeking an intern to support the breadth of the team’s portfolio. If qualified, the intern may have the opportunity to specialize in one or more areas, though engagement in all areas will be expected.
All interns should have the following core qualifications:
- Interest in humanitarian and development issues and policy and advocacy
- Demonstrated solid writing, editing and researching skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Solid computer skills: must be able to work effectively and accurately with MS Word, Excel, Google applications, and email.
- Flexible work attitude: able to work productively in a team environment and independently
Potential qualifications for portfolio-specific interests are below (not required, but preferred):
- Previous Capitol Hill experience or knowledge of Congressional processes
- Other specific thematic expertise in any of the areas of focus listed above
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
To learn more and apply, click here.