Policy Internship – Accepting Applications for Winter/Spring 2023
PPI is a nonprofit center-left think tank that has been promoting pragmatic center-left ideas for over 30 years in Washington, D.C. PPI was the main purveyor of policy innovations to Bill Clinton’s New Democrats — break-the-mold ideas that also migrated to Britain and other democratic countries around the world under the rubric of the “third way.” Today, PPI remains at the forefront of promoting pragmatic and responsible progressivism with a focus on center-left issues in areas such as economic growth, education reform, and regulatory reform.
An ideal candidate will be someone with a thorough knowledge of and passion for economics and policy. Must have a genuine interest in domestic politics, foreign policy, and current national issues.
Policy intern’s primary responsibility:
• PPI’s research and policy work span a wide range of topics, including the data-driven economy, the impact of regulation on innovation, and policies to improve production, investment and job growth, healthcare policy, education, and much more. The policy intern will assist PPI’s and contributors in researching and copyediting policy reports, op-eds, and blog posts for our website.
A policy intern may also:
• Perform some production duties, such as finding photos and art for our publications and posts, publishing edited blog posts in WordPress, maintaining a social media presence, laying out policy reports and memos in Adobe InDesign, and other related tasks.
• Assist the Operations Manager with office and general administrative duties.
• Coursework or other proven knowledge of economic tools and thinking
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Working knowledge of politics and policy
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• The ability to self-start and meet deadlines
We are currently seeking interns interested in working (approximately 20 to 30 hours) during regular weekday hours, but are flexible to other hours based on students’ needs.
Screening for Winter/Spring 2023 will begin in November and remain open through mid-December. PPI internships are paid. PPI has no set term for start and end dates for each semester, and acceptance is a rolling process until all positions are filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Internship Application (followed by your name)”. Due to the number of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.