“Deadline: August 8, 2016 by 11:59 PM.
Dates: August 22 – December 16, 2016
Full internship description and details: https://goo.gl/DUtXls
The Pre-Teaching 2016 fall term internship at Centennial Academy, a K-8 problem-based learning (PBL) charter school in Atlanta Public Schools, will support the implementation of PBL in a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) environment. The intern will support PBL Core Teachers in various grade levels (especially grades 3, 5 and 7).
The goal of the internship is to help students explore teaching as a possible career path more fully and in a deeply engaged way. Experiential learning such as an internship can help you discover if a particular profession is (1) a good fit for you, (2) not a good fit for you or (3) something you want to continue to explore after the experience.
Location of Centennial Academy
531 Luckie Street, Atlanta, GA 30313
· -current undergraduate at Georgia Tech
· -have a 2.5 or higher cumulative G.P.A. when applying
· -be a current undergraduate at Georgia Tech for the entire duration of the internship
· -be in current good academic standing
· -have a strong background in mathematics or science; knowledge in engineering design preferred but not required; the specific discipline focus of the internship will be dependent upon the selected applicant.
Applicants do not have to commit to becoming a teacher to intern but should have a strong interest in being involved in the community through education.
Pay and work hours
The intern will work 20 hours per week for 16 weeks at $10/hour.
Internship Credit Hours and Registration
This internship qualifies for six audit credit hours (no tuition or fees) and official transcript designation. The audit credit hours serve as academic credit hour placeholders towards full-time status. For example, six registered audit credit hours + six registered academic credit hours = full-time student status.
More Information, Full Description, and Application
Susan Belmonte, Pre-Teaching Advisor, at email@example.com or 404.385.3494
Full internship description and details: https://goo.gl/DUtXls“