The World Affairs Councils of America (WACA) seeks a Program Assistant Intern for fall 2014.
WACA represents and supports the largest national non-partisan network of almost 100 local councils throughout the United States that are dedicated to educating, inspiring and engaging Americans in international affairs and the critical global issues of our times. The WACA National Office fulfills its mission by sponsoring speaker programs for the national network of councils, organizing and implementing a yearly National Conference on global issues for its leadership and vast network of members, coordinating and implementing leadership missions overseas, organizing the yearly national high school competition on global issues, Academic WorldQuest and hosting the competition for the national title in Washington, DC, as well as other initiatives (see www.worldaffairscouncils.org).
Duties and activities encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist Program Officer in management of all national education programs
• Assist in planning and organizing the National Conference
• Develop and edit content for Academic WorldQuest
• Update and maintain speaker database
• Perform research projects on international relations and nonprofit management topics
• Help to prepare best practices operational papers for the council system
• Work on special projects as needed
• Visit key institutions in Washington and report on hearings/talks
• Assist with preparation for national board meetings
The ideal candidate should possess strong computer skills, the ability to work independently as well as in a team, an excellent command of English, and strong writing skills. The candidate should possess an interest in non‐profit management and foreign affairs. We seek a commitment of at least 30-40 hours per week. Exact times are flexible. College credit can be arranged.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter that addresses the qualifications indicated
- Brief writing sample (3-4 pages)