If you are interested in supporting our work at the Society for International Development-US, join us as a Program Associate intern! The internship cycle runs for 4-6 months and includes a variety of responsibilities within the organization, positioning individuals in the role to grow their skills, learn new processes, and meet and network with professionals across the field of international development.
If you have any questions while filling out the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-331-1317.
Program Associate Internship
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering general inquiries, managing phone and voicemail lines, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our staff to do the following:
- Assist with program development, planning, and logistics for SID-US’s numerous Workgroups
- Assist with planning for SID-US’s Annual Events (Career Fair, Annual Conference, Annual Dinner)
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach and marketing materials
- Support the SID-US staff in providing deliverables for the SID-US’ Board of Directors’ committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development; international relations; communications and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain an optimistic outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment to international development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Acrobat, Canva, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work with consideration towards course scheduling. SID-US requires a minimum of 25 hours per week.
The SID-US office follows a hybrid work format, and team members typically work in person at least once a week. Individuals selected for the role may report to the position in-person, virtually, or in a hybrid agreement. Interested candidates outside of the Washington, DC area are still encouraged to apply.
This internship will run from January to June 2023 and the exact start and end dates for the internship are negotiable. Additionally, the SID-US staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, build their resumes, and develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere.
Learn more and apply at: https://www.cognitoforms.com/SIDWashington1/sidusinternshipapplication