We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
A professional, motivated, and creative intern to join the Lebanon team. Based in Beirut, Lebanon, the intern will provide support to SFCG’s country office. Duties of this internship will contribute to the development of programs for sustainable peace and conflict transformation in the MENA region, and will give interns an opportunity to practice high-level, professional skills. Interns must be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) and must commit for 4 months minimum and may be asked to stay for a maximum of 6 months, pending a mid-term review. We are looking for an intern to begin as soon as possible
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with grant proposal development for country and regional programs.
- Researching contextual information to enhance program design.
- Assisting with donor reports and other communications.
- Support the Lebanon team’s communications strategy, including compiling updates, adding website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media.
- Performing other supportive duties as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
You meet the following qualifications:
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, Middle East studies, international development, or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English (native or near-native).
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Familiarity with the Lebanese context.
- Ability to live in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Comfort in cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic preferred.
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
- Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment website here
- Include the following in your cover letter:
- minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
- projected start date
- where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.