Position: Program Support Intern Organization
Unit: International Organization for Migration (IOM Duty Station: IOM Country Office with Resource Mobilization Function, Washington, DC (in office)
. Length & Hours:
- This internship is 40 hours/ week; If you are still attending school, please note that we need availability between 9am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Open to candidates who are eligible to work in the Unites States.
- Stipend available: Min USD725 – Max USD1400
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of the various USG donors in general and others upon request.
- Assist with the editing key project proposal documents and deliverables as needed.
- Maintain and regularly update a matrix of all program activities funded by the donors and others upon request.
- Assist the IOM missions in the field with the development and submission to the donor of program deliverables, such as Work-plan, M&E plan, Risk Mitigation plan, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the on-line platforms used by the USG for the submission of project applications, including and not limited to SAMS.gov and grants.gov;
- Provide support to the HR team with creating how-to documents and other tasks as needed;
- Perform any other additional tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- The qualified candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Discreet, detail and client-oriented, patient and a willingness to learn new things.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong research and data analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Applicants to IOM internships must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
a) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
b) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
c) Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
d) All applicants must be between 20 and 36 years of age.
How to Apply:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2023 Note: Email title should contain the position’s reference number, title, candidate’s first and last name