The Role and Duties
Dow France offers an internship position based at the company headquarters in France in La-Plaine-St-Denis, within the dynamic Public Affairs & Government Affairs (PA&GA) team. Working closely with members of the Dow France and Dow Europe team, the intern will actively participate in the implementation of the local Public Affairs & Government Affairs strategy, which includes internal/external communications activities, media relations and government relations.
In particular, the duties include:
- Participating to the drafting of written communication tools, including internal news and newsletters, PowerPoint presentations and published material in both French and English.
- With the support of the team, oversee the content updating of the Intranet and Internet websites of Dow France.
- Update the mapping documents of the key political and administrative decision-makers, as well as para-political influencers (agencies, NGOs, think-tanks, etc.) on subjects of relevance to Dow.
- Support our outreach effort by organizing and preparing meetings with decision makers, including the drafting of profiles, briefing document and speaking points.
- On a case-by-case basis, join in with Dow representatives at meetings of the French trade associations (Union des Industries Chimiques (UIC), Chambre Américaine de Commerce en France (AmCham), Plastics Europe France, etc.).
- Execute translations plus review translations executed by professional translation services of internal/external communications from English to French and from French to English.
- Take part in the regular French, Europe and international team teleconferences.
- A strong team player with excellent organization skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both French and English.
- Fully computer literate with regard to MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). In some cases, training will be given.
- Some experience and knowledge of website contents management using HTML tools (MS Expression Web or similar) and publishing software (MS Publisher or similar) would be an advantage. Training would be given.
- A competitive compensation, commensurate to experience, will be provided by the company, including support with transport costs.
- Access to the company restaurant
- The internship would be the object of a convention between the School/University and the company.
- The position is open to Master 2 students for a minimal period of six months, possibly extended to 12 months (depending on the convention), starting on June 23rd, 2014.
- Full time internship position
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership – and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer