“Womenetics, a women’s professional development leader, is looking for a creative and eager intern passionate about the advancement of women in business. The Public Relations Intern will play a key role on the Womenetics Programming and Events Teams and company at large, and receive valuable hands-on experience in all aspects of public relations management. The PR Intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field, provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom, as well as receive valuable access to a powerful network of corporate partners and businesswomen at Womenetics events.
Interns leave Womenetics with a wide range of essential skills for the rapidly evolving media and events industries. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing team and flexible work environment doing important work to promote women’s leadership.
- Fully support company’s PR strategy and execute it in different phases
- Create and curate engaging content
- Communicate and build relationships with current or prospect clients
- Create and distribute press releases
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- Perform other marketing and communication functions as needed
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of the different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters university/college
Location: Professional office environment in Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta
Desired Internship Duration: June through August
Desired Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:00am to 5pm, with room for flexibility. Seeking a minimum of 15 weekly hours.
Compensation: Womenetics interns receive a $500 monthly stipend
Interested candidates should please send a resumé, along with a cover letter describing why you should be considered for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls accepted.”