The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program is now accepting applications for the 2018 Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship Program at www.rangelprogram.org!
The Rangel Graduate Fellowship is a U.S. Department of State program, administered by Howard University that seeks to attract and prepare outstanding young people for careers as Foreign Service Officers in the U.S. Department of State. Candidates must be graduating seniors or college graduates with strong academic records and a desire to promote positive change in the world. The program encourages the application of members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service, women and those with financial need. Applicants with any undergraduate major are welcome to apply. Selected fellows will receive support for graduate school and will enter into exciting and rewarding careers representing the United States overseas.
· An orientation to the Program and the Foreign Service at Howard University in Washington, D.C. in late spring 2018
· Two summer internships, one on Capitol Hill in summer 2018 and one overseas at a U.S. embassy in summer 2019.
· Up to $37,500 annually toward tuition, fees and living expenses for a two-year master’s degree in fields related to the Foreign Service such as Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, and International Relations at a U.S.-based institution.
· Mentoring from a Foreign Service Officer throughout the duration of the fellowship.
· Employment in the State Department Foreign Service for those who successfully complete the program and meet Foreign Service entry requirements, in accordance with applicable law and State Department policy, with each Rangel Fellow committing to a minimum of five years of service.
· U.S. citizenship
· Seeking admission to graduate school in fall 2018 for a two-year program in an area of relevance to the Foreign Service at a U.S.-based institution
· Cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application
September 21, 2017
Join the Virtual Information Sessions! From Rangel:
We’ll be hosting a virtual information sessions to discuss the Rangel Graduate Fellowship, including program elements and the application process. We invite you and prospective applicants to join our Google Hangout on the following dates.
202-806-4367 or 877-633-0002