With registration opening this week, students are encouraged to register their summer and fall overseas internships with the Global Internship Program in OIE. This pertains to most non-credit, full-time internships, research, or service-learning/volunteer projects taking place outside of the US.
Benefits of registering with the Global Internship Program include:
- Official record of your internship on your GT transcript
- Maintain your GT student status by enrolling in the free internship audit course (no tuition or fees charged)
- Assistance with completing required paperwork for your internship
- Assistance in navigating the visa/work permit process for your internship country, if required
- Access to GT resources if you experience an emergency while abroad
- Cancel your on-campus housing contract with no penalty for the term(s) you are abroad
- Enrollment in a low-cost insurance plan that offers:
– Lost luggage and trip delay benefits
– Travel assistance, legal and medical referrals
– Security evacuation (e.g. for political or natural disasters), which may include transportation to one’s home country, country of residence, or the country of one’s university to resume regular studies
– Emergency medical reunion, which may help transport a family member to be with you if hospitalized
Return ticket benefit, which may help you travel in the event of a family member’s death
Medical expenses, accidental death & dismemberment, medical evacuation, and repatriation of remains
– Cost of insurance is $125 for summer; $165 for fall or spring. You will be automatically enrolled and charge will be posted to your GT Bursar account.
– See insurance brochure for all policy terms and exclusions
Summer 2017 Deadlines—All materials should be submitted by no later than 12pm on May 12, 2017.
For more details, please visit https://oie.gatech.edu/gip/how-register-your-global-internship or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.