The U.S.-Africa Trade Council (USAfriTC) accepts internship applications for the Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer academic terms on a rolling basis. We are seeking dependable interns who are creative, self-motivated, and able to work both collaboratively and independently.
USAfriTC internships offer the opportunity to learn about and network with diplomats, U.S. government officials, and representatives of leading companies and organizations with business interests in the Africa and the United States. USAfriTC offers flexibility in terms of hours and start date. While internships at USAfriTC are part of our volunteer program, they may be paid a token, and used to satisfy academic and/or community service requirements.
Intern duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research as needed by the Trade Council on topics related to U.S.-Africa trade.
- Research U.S. trade policy, U.S. companies, and local chambers of commerce in various states and cities that provide potential opportunities for Africa business and governmental delegations.
- Assist with planning and recruiting for Trade Missions from and/or to the region.
- Database management and administrative support on an as needed basis.
- Media monitoring and analysis.
- Assist with planning, publicizing and execution of USAfriTC events.
- Minor translation of Amharic , Arabic, French, and/or English text, as needed and as capable.
Many of these tasks require the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project, Photoshop, and social media tools. Software will be provided.
Please send a completed application form, a cover letter, a one- to two-page writing sample, a resumé, and two letters of reference to email@example.com. Please include the word ‘internship’ in capital letters in the subject line of your E-mail, as well as your name. Applications from candidates communicating professionalism, enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a background in trade data analysis will be given preference.
Applications are due on March 15 for summer internships; on June 15 for fall internships; and on October 15 for spring internships.