As an Intern/Trainee: , you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyze data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor Degree Minimum
- Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
- Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
The selected individual(s) for the role must be able to demonstrate some proven knowledge and skills within the following areas:
- An interest in all aspects of Risk Consulting, as well as a desire to pursue a career in consulting;
- Abilities as team member; building solid relationships; communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Research and analysis of technical matters, while utilizing problem-solving skills. This includes the analysis of large and complex data sets, demonstrating an aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, using the standard suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to execute related deliverables; and,
- Utilization of effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members in a professional setting.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual)
For more information & to apply: click here.