What to Expect
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August/September and continue through December/January. Internships are in-person for 40 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
- Fremont, CA
About the Team
We are looking for someone to be part of the Security Intelligence Team, whose mission is to protect Tesla’s intellectual property and confidential business information from internal and external threats.
As the Insider Threat Program Intern, you will work closely with the Insider Threat Program Manager to develop Tesla’s program to deter, detect, and respond to threats to the company’s intellectual property and confidential business information. The Insider Threat program is part of Security Intelligence Team, which works within the greater Information Security Organization at Tesla.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Insider Threat Program Manager to develop strategies to deter, detect, and respond to threats against Tesla’s Intellectual Property and confidential business information.
- Conduct tactical analysis of information streams to detect potential indications of insider threats for referral to appropriate investigators.
- Identify new streams of information to detect insider threats. Develop and execute effective and efficient work flows to review the information for leads.
- Conduct open source research about industry trends and developments in protecting IP and countering Insider Threats.
- Prepare timely written reports which summarize significant industry insider events to draw lessons which can be incorporated into Tesla’s overall program.
- Work with other stakeholders in Legal, HR, InfoSec, IT, Security, Internal Audit, etc, to develop and implement policies to protect Intellectual Property and confidential business information.
- Conduct statistical analysis of Insider Events to identify patterns and develop mitigation strategies to respond to this information.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to stake holders about insider events and trends.
- Craft and deliver awareness training on the protection of sensitive information as needed.
- Conduct or support risk assessments of sensitive company programs as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, Information Security, Political Science, International Politics, or other social sciences related to this career path.
- Proven track record managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and focusing on critical
- priorities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience of communication at executive level within a global environment.
- Works well in a team environment, where team members are dispersed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Excel, MISP,
- Navigator, and Splunk is a huge plus.
- The highest level of integrity and honesty and the ability to protect sensitive confidential information.
Compensation and Benefits
As a full-time Tesla Intern, you will be eligible for:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans. Both have an option with a $0 payroll contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company Paid Basic Life, AD&D, and short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick time after 90 days of employment and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$32.45 – $45.43 + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.