Students who are interning abroad during spring 2017 are encouraged to register with the Global Internship Program in OIE. Deadline to register for spring is January 9. Both undergrad and grad students may register. See https://oie.gatech.edu/gip/how-register-your-global-internship for more details, and email email@example.com with any questions.
There are several benefits associated with registering your internship:
– Maintain GT enrollment and student status while overseas (some internships require that you prove your student status to process your hire and/or visa)
– Cancel on-campus housing contract with no penalty for term abroad
– Access to comprehensive overseas insurance at a very low rate
– Recognition of international internship on GT transcript (tuition-free audit course)
– Earned income from a registered co-op or internship can be listed as an exclusion on the FAFSA
– Access to an OIE advisor who can assist with visas and other required documentation, pre-departure orientation, and other concerns while abroad