The office of Congressman Buchanan is seeking full time interns for an immediate start.
Job Description: Our internship program offers interns a chance to learn and work on the hill and see how the highest levels of government work. Being the office of a senior member of the House Ways and Means Committee, interns will have exposure to healthcare, tax, and trade issues. Interns will assist staff with legislative projects, attend briefings and hearings, and assist with maintaining data bases. Interns will also work on a policy proposal under the guidance of staff and will present their policy proposal at the end of their internship. Interns will also have the chance to attend briefings independently and on the behalf of staff. At the end of the internship, interns will have a firm understanding of how Capitol Hill works, a bespoke policy proposal, and full understanding of how the legislative process works.
• good oral and written communication skills
• ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others
• good organizational skills
• responsible, dependable and willing to learn
Application instructions Please email your resume and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Representative Ro Khanna (CA-17) is seeking qualified candidates to intern in the Washington, D.C. office from early January through late April to early May of 2018. Although internships are unpaid, students gain invaluable work experience on Capitol Hill. The hours can be flexible to accommodate students’ evening schedules but generally run 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. when Congress is in session, and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when not in session. Interns are expected to be in the office at least 35 hours per week. Interns’ responsibilities will vary. They will be asked to answer phones, run errands, draft content for the communications team, research legislation for the Member and legislative staff, attend hearings and briefings, and answer constituent letters on various issues before the House. As a result, interns learn about the legislative process and the many other functions of a congressional office. Candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills, strong organizational abilities, a good work ethic, an ability to work independently, and a drive to take initiative. Candidates with ties to California are preferred, but not required.
To apply to intern in the DC office, please send your resume, a short writing sample, and your dates and times of availability to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applicants, a response is not guaranteed. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The office of Congresswoman Terri A. Sewell (D-AL) is seeking a full time Press and Digital Intern to start in January of 2018 and stay with the office through May.
• Learn how to write emails and campaign actions that you’ll send to over 100,000 constituents
• Design and curate content for social media and connect with our local and national audience
• Work side-by-side with our Press Secretary, learning the ropes of digital content production and press outreach
• Assist in traditional media outreach to newspapers, television and other media outlets
• Analyze the results of your work and report on successes and failures
• Passion for working to address issues of voting rights, health care, education, and job growth
• Writing experience; ability to communicate message in concise and compelling manner
• Understanding of what makes online content both shareable and persuasive, including blogs and social media
• Interest in graphic design/infographic design
• Some experience with photography, and in HTML, Microsoft Word, and Excel
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Sewell.Press@mail.house.gov