Representative Deborah Gonzalez of HD 117 is seeking interns
for the 2018 Legislative Session
in Athens and Atlanta
• A variety of legislative duties relating to office and constituent services.
o Conducting research and reports
o Receiving and resolving inquiries from constituents
o Attending meetings and briefing on behalf of Rep. Gonzalez
o Researching and preparing policy memos
o Tracking legislative bills
o Work with constituents, community groups, and elected and appointed officials
o Analyze a variety of complex policy issues.
o Administrative tasks, tech support, and special projects
▪ Monitoring social media
▪ Producing newsletter
• Current student or recent graduate interested in politics and gaining legislative experience;
previous legislative experience preferred but not required
• Exhibits passion for politics, government, and/or any related policy areas
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask independently, learn quickly, and demonstrate sound judgment
• Exhibits great attention to detail, punctuality, respect, and initiative
• Ability to work and contribute in a highly collaborative, team environment
• Must operate with integrity, kindness, flexibility, and commitment
• Working closely with the representative and Chief of Staff
• Observation of internal campaign operations and preparation for campaign and political jobs
• Opportunity to bolster organizational and communication skills
• Attend special events, political meetings, and community meetings
• Meals and snacks will regularly be provided at events and activities
• Stipend provided to cover parking, meals, and legislative-related expenses
• We will work with your college/university requirements for class credit.
Interns will commit 10 – 20 hours per week between January 8 – April 30, 2018.
Send a resume, writing sample, and a brief email detailing your interest to Avery Murdie, Chief of Staff, at
email@example.com with the subject line “Rep Gonzalez 2018 Legislative Internship.”
Selected applicants will be invited to interview. Deadline Dec. 15th 2017.