Job Title: Spring 2018 Research Assistant Internships
Organization: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Wilson Center)
Location: 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC 20004
Job Description for Spring 2018 Research Assistant Internship Openings:
The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is looking for qualified students (advanced undergraduate or graduate) interested in being part-time research assistant interns in the Spring 2018 semester. An intern typically works 12-15 hours a week per scholar. (The number of hours can be adjusted accordingly to fulfill academic requirements).
The priority deadline to apply is October 23, 2017. *We will start matching scholars and interns, but will still accept intern applications after this date.* Internship positions are open until filled so applying early is strongly encouraged.
The WWICS Internship Application Form and detailed instructions can be found at:
The application materials consist of:
- a completed WWICS Internship Application Form
- Cover Letter (indicating academic interests or areas of interest)
- Current Resume (indicating relevant coursework)
- 3-to-5 page Writing Sample or excerpt of a recent research paper with separate Works Cited page
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (do not have to be sealed by recommender); highlighting writing, research, and/or language skills would be helpful; *if you don’t have recommendation letters readily available, please include three references
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
Please submit your application materials in ONE COMPLETE package to:
Ms. Krishna Aniel
Education Program Specialist
The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
One Woodrow Wilson Plaza
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004-3027
Fax: (202) 691-4001
- Most interns are unpaid and doing an internship for academic credit. However, a modest metro stipend may be available if the student is not receiving academic credit.
- Because of the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please do not contact to confirm the receipt of your application. If you would like to confirm the receipt of your application, please mail it with a tracking number, delivery confirmation, or email read receipt.
- Interviewed candidates will be contacted within approximately 4-6 weeks of the prescribed deadline. However, we may receive last minute intern requests from other scholars.