Eurasia Group is the leading political risk advisory and consulting firm, and they are seeking an intern to play an active role in the group’s expansion into Latin America. Eurasia Group seeks to assist investors, companies, and public-sector institutions to capitalize on opportunities and manage the risks that have been introduced into the market as a result of politics and policy. The Latin America group will continue this mission by supporting and engaging with existing financial and corporate clients daily, as well as identifying and engaging prospective clients. This internship opportunity will provide a hands-on learning experience about the business of political risk and insight into one of the largest multinationals and financial institutions in the Americas.
The position is virtual and would begin in Late January/Early February and end in May 2021.
- Support day-to-day client engagement, including updating records on Salesforce, drafting proposals/communications, assisting in client project management, among other tasks.
- Provide targeted research for clients and prospective new clients in Mexico, Colombia, and other Spanish speaking countries.
- Monitor key developments in Latin American politics and policies relevant to existing clients and prospective clients and assess their business implications.
- Assist in outreach to media and institutional stakeholders in the region, among other projects.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- At least 3 years of college or university with an educational background in international affairs, political science, economics, and/or business
- Intern/work experience in the private sector in a client-facing role is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish
- Copy editing and proofreading abilities are required for the internship
- Knowledge of and interest in the Latin American political landscape
- Ability to work on a variety of projects and prioritize time-sensitive client request in a very fast-paced environment
- Curiosity and an eagerness to contribute to a small team with an entrepreneurial mindset; Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; a team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
For more information and to apply, click here.