The Foundation for Inclusion is a non-profit organization that works to empower changemakers and innovators to solve the world’s most complex problems. They are recruiting three research assistants for short-term, full-time positions. The pay is $18 per hour, and while the job will be remote and applications located anywhere in the U.S. are welcome to apply, daily collabroation will be required during daytime hours in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Candidates will need access to their own computer and full-time internet connection.
The deadline to apply is January 28, 2021, and the position begins in February 2021.
- Research events related to a specific political transition in a specific time and place
- Judge whether the above events meet the criteria for a particular variable, determine what the value of that variable should be, make a case for why you chose that value, and document your sources and reasoning.
- Checking or replicating the work of your colleagues
- Drafting or revising a data-collection guide and codebook
- Keeping information and data organized and accessible
- Participating in data-validation exercises
- Assisting with process improvements
- General desk research, and other duties as assigned
This position does not require specific credentials (i.e. college degree with a particular concentration), but they are seeking people with the following qualifications:
- Critical thinking and excellent judgment with regard to the evaluation of evidence
- Experience with systematic desk research, the development of datasets, or data cleaning, manipulation, and analysis
- Familiarity with the topic (civil resistance, nonviolence, political transitions, peace, and conflict, or democratization)
- The ability to work constructively in and as a team, as well as independently, with little supervision
- Full-time access to a computer and the Internet
- Basic computer and Internet-navigation skills
- Knowledge of Google Sheets, Google Docs, web search engines, and common office software.
For more information and to apply, click here.