A flagship initiative of UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement is an international platform that invites and engages men and boys to complement the work of the women’s movement and create an equal world for all. They are looking for a partnership intern to recruit new partners and aid in the research and onboarding of HeForShe Alliance partners. A selected candidate unable to report to the advertised duty station due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may be approved to undertake this internship remotely, but otherwise, the internship will take place in New York, NY, and will last approximately 6 months beginning on March 15, 2021.
The deadline to apply is February 24, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
- Conducting research to jointly identify strategies, opportunities, and market trends with partners
Updating and maintain partner profiles according to changing/shifting partner priorities, areas of focus on country strategies;
- Monitoring, researching, and follow-up on relevant documents and policies (press releases, working documents;
- Supporting follow-up on country-specific partnerships and joint communication opportunities, including facilitating the organization of events, meetings, and workshops, as appropriate.
- Supporting the updating of stakeholder strategy and plan, as well as relevant engagement with UN Women offices
- Contributing to the development and drafting of concept notes, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Supporting the coordination of annual report development including documentation and data reviews
- Supporting in the planning and coordination of virtual events
- Undergraduate degree in Business, International Relations, Economics, Development or other related field required.
- Enrollment in a Masters level program is preferred
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, as well as strong analytical aptitude and communication skills;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in another UN language, especially French, is an asset
For more information and to apply, click here.