Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to cultivating enduring freedom and peace through supporting and building efforts to transform the systems that contribute to human exploitation and violent conflict. Their work goes beyond traditional financial support and includes network development, advocacy, and strategic communications.
Humanity United is seeking a project intern to support the implementation of a participatory process to reimagine the peacebuilding system. The position will last the duration of the project, February – June 2021 is paid on an hourly, non-exempt basis, and will require 15-20 hours of work per week between the hours of 9am-5pm EST. Specific days and times will be mutually agreed on, and all work will take place remotely.
- Participate in planning meetings with project team, and assist with scheduling meetings and capturing meeting outcomes
- Manage the web conferencing tool during participatory workshops (point of contact for participants, create break-out rooms, assist with connectivity issues, etc.)
- Provide ongoing communications with workshop particpants outside of workshop sessions
- Support Associate Program Manager in contract management and invoicing
- Must be enrolled in a college or university, or have recently graduated. Both graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
- Studies in international affairs, public policy, or other relevant fields is preffered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with internal and external partners
- Familiarity with webconferencing tools (i.e. Zoom)
- High level of organizational skill and proactive approach
- Colaborative approach, with a desire to learn
- Commitment to Humanity United’s values of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice is a must
- Must have a right to work in the United States
- Previous experience with design thinking, futures, and/or participatory methods.
- Direct lived experience of the issues we work on.
For more information, click here.
To apply by submitting a resume and short cover letter (300-500 words), click here.