The Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, and Trade – chaired by Congressman Albio Sires (D-NJ) – is seeking one full-time intern for Spring 2021. This opportunity is eligible for U.S. based remote candidates who are able to begin work the first week of March 2021.
Applications are taken on a rolling basis.
- Open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent alumni with an interest in foreign affairs
- Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, professional, hard-working, and detail-oriented
- Strong writing and communication skills are necessary
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Spanish, French, or Portuguese proficiency preferred but not required
- Minorities, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
- Providing administrative and research support to staff
- Assisting with subcommittee hearings and briefings
- Attending virtual events and writing memorandum for staff
- Other administrative and research assignments
Interested parties should send a one-page resume and cover letter to WHEMjobs@gmail.com with the subject line “Spring 2021 Internship Application.” Please be sure to include your preferred start and end date.
No calls or drop-ins.