The Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA) is a non-profit agricultural export trade development association comprised of the Departments of Agriculture of the 14 Southern states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Since 1973, its programs and services have assisted exporters of high-value food and agricultural products. The International Trade Division has an immediate opening for a trade assistant intern to work at least 25 hours a week with a salary of $11 per hour. The opening is for a minimum of six months, and wages are subject to increase for interns who work longer than the six months. This opening is based in Atlanta.
The deadline to apply is March 3, 2021.
- Perform research for Georgia exporters on potential international markets, market trends, trade policy, commodity reports, and other topics related to exports and the agricultural industry
- Prepare briefing materials for incoming foreign buyers regarding Georgia food and agriculture suppliers
- Assist with the creation of industry-specific international marketing materials
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the programs and policies of the state, federal, and international trade organizations, industry associations, and other cooperators
- Provide support for export seminars and trade promotion events
- Record key performance indicators in internal databases
- Light clerical work
- Additional duties as assigned
- Open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- The ideal candidate is organized, dependable, detail-oriented, and proactive
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Required skills: Analytical, research, customer service, and written/verbal communication
- Desired skills: Foreign language, event planning/management, and demonstrated ability to cold-call to recruit companies for events
For more information and to apply, click here.