The UN Policy and Best Practices Service, Division of Policy, Evaluation and Training (DEPT) in the Department of Peace Operations is seeking an intern for the Spring 2021 term. The intern will assist in research on relevant issues, statistical analysis, preparing reports, developing strategic communications, and more. The internship will run for three months with the opportunity for extension and interns will work 5 days a week (35 hours) and are unpaid. Exact start and end dates are flexible. Interns must have access to the technology required to work this internship remotely for the entire duration. Due to the current uncertain circumstances, this opportunity could be either fully remote or part remote, part in-person at the New York duty station.
The deadline to apply is March 11, 2021.
- Applicants must be one of the following
- Currently enrolled in their final year of an undergraduate program
- Recently graduated from an undergraduate degree program
- Currently enrolled in or have completed an advanced degree program
- A focus of studies in international affairs, law, human rights, political science, or a related field is desirable
- Proficient in standard word processing and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or similar
- Be proficient in standard office automation equipment, scanner, printer, etc.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in French preferred
For more information and to apply, click here.