The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision-makers concerned with global security and prosperity. The Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group (DIIG) is hiring a research intern for a 35-hour per week, paid position. DIIG provides analysis on the critical issues at the cross-section of the Department of Defense and its industrial base. With a focus on defense acquisition trends, technological innovation, and ongoing reform efforts, DIIG monitors important developments in the global defense industry. Through years of analytical research, DIIG has strengthened its capabilities to draw from large databases and millions of transaction records in order to present information in a clear, meaningful way.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Assisting with research and analysis
- Writing comprehensive reviews of background literature for projects
- Copy-editing papers
- Assisting with data collection and management
- Note-taking and writing summaries of events and meetings
- Assisting with event planning and staffing
- In pursuit of a bachelor’s degree (preferably at the junior or senior level) or of a master’s degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with quantitative analysis
- Ability to carry out tasks without ongoing oversight
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and present information clearly and efficiently
- Advanced writing and analytical skills
For more information and to apply, click here.